How to tame ill-behaved hair
Tame – Pro-Style Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron
Flat irons are a great way to tame ill-behaved hair. They can also help you to totally change your style with just a couple of minutes of work. They’re especially useful for those who are looking for a quick way to switch up their look, or Have hard-to-tame fly-away hairs, unruly curls, or wavy-but-not-quite-straight hair.
Flat Iron Plate Material
The most important aspect of hair straighteners is the plates, and the material they are made of are. They use a combination of heat and pressure to change the shape of your hair to make it straight, curly, or crimped. The plates generate heat that transfers to your hair when you apply pressure to it. This forces your hair to temporarily conform to the plates’ shape, which makes your hair curly or straight, depending on the motion that you make with it.
The plates can be made from several different materials, and the plate material that’s right for you depends entirely on the type of your hair.
- Tourmaline irons – Tourmaline irons are a fairly new innovation. They are usually composed of ceramic base plates coated in ground-up tourmaline (a type of stone). These irons can smooth hair up to six times more effectively than ceramic irons. Tourmaline irons are also more effective at low heats than most other irons. They are great at maintaining a consistent heat.
- Ceramic irons – Some of the oldest and most reliable flat irons on the market are ceramic irons. The great thing about these irons is that they are great for virtually all hair types. They work by generating negative ions that smooth your hair, and they get hot quickly and stay hot, and they tend to last a long time. You should avoid irons that are labeled as “ceramic coated” because ceramic coating will break down over time and cause problems with heat consistency.
- Titanium irons – Titanium irons are usually more lightweight than irons made with other materials. They are often lauded for their reputation for not burning hair and their ability to maintain and distribute heat evenly. Titanium irons don’t work well for delicate, thin, or already-straight hair.
Which Iron Works for My Hair Type?
You’re in luck if you have thick, curly, or full-bodied hair because titanium, tourmaline, and ceramic irons will all work wonderfully on your hair. On the other hand, you’ll want to avoid titanium irons if you have especially thin, fine, or straight hair. This is because titanium irons can reach very high levels of heat. This can damage your hair, especially if your hair is thin or fine. Finally, those who have wavy or medium-bodied hair can also safely choose any one of the three plate options (titanium, tourmaline, and ceramic).
What Size Plate Do I Need?
The plates typically come in two sizes: wide and narrow.
Wide plates – Wide plates are over one inch in width. They are perfect for longer hair, and can straighten more hair at a time.
Narrow plates – Narrow plates are one inch in width or less. They’re better-suited to people with short to medium-length hair, and they are perfect for more in-depth styling techniques like curling and crimping.
The wider the plate, the more quickly it will straighten your hair. However, narrow plates will provide more versatility for those with a variety of styling needs—like curling one day and smoothing the next.
Available accessories and tools
Today, many flat irons come with a range of accessories and tools to keep your styling sessions hygienic, easy, and safe. Here are some of the accessories and tools that are available:
- Replacement plates – They help you to extend the lifespan of your iron.
- Cleaning tools – They help you keep the straighter as effective and sanitized as the day you purchased it.
- Heat–resistant mats – They allow you to place your hot iron down without risking fire or damage.
- Carrying bags – Irons sometimes include a convenient carrying bag. This bag is perfect for those who travel often and want to keep up with their styling routine. Some bags are even heat resistant. This helps you to reduce the risk of damage and fire.
- Holders – Some irons come with a holder that helps to make storage safer and more convenient. The holder attaches to the edge of a table, sits on a surface, or mounts to a wall.
The Vanity Planet Tame Pro-Style Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron is an amazing product. This is a versatile, professional styling tool that can create multiple gorgeous looks. This flat-iron will meet all of your professional needs with a flexible cord, auto shut-off, and heat control, and the best thing is it will not take up a ton of room on your bathroom sink. Thanks to specially designed vents that release steam from towel-dried hair as you guide the plates over it, this iron offers safe and quick damp-to-dry styling. It also has a wide temperature span—150 to 450 degrees. Using titanium tourmaline plates and negative ion technology to eliminate frizz, it can turn your fine, straight locks into beachy surfer girl wave, or your curly corkscrews into shiny, smooth strands.
About Vanity Planet
Vanity Planet is the online marketplace that offers hair tools (scalp massaging brushes, vibrating flat irons), unique high tech tools (facial brushes, skin rollers, teeth whitening kits), skincare and body product, makeup and brushes and much more.
They’re more than your typical online store, and they are dedicated to bringing you the best health, personal care and beauty products. The company sources its own designs, they offer a curated selection of high quality products at well below retail prices and each item they carry is selected with intention and quality is never, ever sacrificed.
About the Product
This advanced device is constructed with versatility in mind, and it takes damp or dry hair and transforms it into beautiful, long lasting hair styles. It also allows you to straighten or use the rounded body to create voluminous waves, while protecting your gorgeous mane.
Tame works wonders on damp hair, unlike traditional flat irons. It utilizes specially designed vents at the top to release steam and prevent hair from becoming damaged. Tame has an Additional Negative Ions Generator that keeps your hair healthy as you style, and the flexible, floating Titanium plates are conditioned with Tourmaline to produce extra shine and softness with every use. This quick-heating device is designed for all hair types and has an adjustable range from 150°F to 450°F. Also, digital temperature controls with a temperature lock function make setting the Vanity Planet Tame Pro-Style Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron foolproof. Additionally, the Tame automatically shuts off after 60 minutes. This is great feature for those of us that tend to be forgetful, or are always running late.
For best results, it is recommended to wash your hair before using the Tame. Also, before styling you should towel dry your hair and comb through thoroughly.
- It is a professional styling tool that straightens, curls, and controls frizz.
- The Tame includes a 360° Swivel Cord for tangle-free styling, which is great for those who have long hair that tangles up very easy!
- Titanium tourmaline plates glide through hair without pulling or snagging, and give you a Frizz-Free Style and also make your hair noticeably softer!
- Negative ion technology seals in moisture to leave hair smooth, soft and shiny.
- No need to worry if you think you forgot to turn the device off because it has an auto shut-off mechanism that kicks in after 60 minutes of use.
- Tame offers safe damp-to-dry styling using specially designed vents. They release steam as negative ion generator breaks up water molecules for fast drying.
- Lightweight, convenient, and compact – great travel companion.
- A broad temperature range (150-450°) to cater to most hair types and textures.
- The learning curve is much faster than some other flat irons, and it not only gives you a smooth look, but adds body and makes your hair shine.
- The device is easy to control, even with long-term use thanks to its comfortable, rubberized, and non-slip ergonomic grip.
- Dual voltage for worldwide use.
- Tame is available in gray and black.
How to Use the Tame Pro-Style Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron
Start with dry or damp hair. DO NOT use Tame on synthetic and soaking wet hair. Plug in the Tame and hold down the Power button for a couple of seconds until the LED display turns on.
Use the +/- buttons to adjust and select your desired temperature for use. The display will blink while the device is heating up. It will stop blinking once it reaches your desired temperature. Double click the start/stop button to lock the temperature setting, which will ensure that the temperature does not change accidentally during use. To show that the temperature lock feature is in use, a red dot will appear on the digital screen.
Allow the Tame Pro-Style Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron to heat up. After that, gently glide Tame through either damp or dry hair, spending only a couple of seconds on each section of hair. Use the Tame to smooth out the texture in your hair for a sleek, shiny look, or use the rounded edges to create defined curls or beachy waves. Divide hair into sections to style damp or towel-dried hair, and pass each section through the blades until it’s fully dry. Don’t worry if you see the steam. It is actually specially designed vents releasing the moisture from your hair as it’s drying.
When you’ve finished using the Vanity Planet Tame Pro-Style Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron, double click the start/stop button to release the temperature hold setting. After that, hold the start/stop button for 2 seconds to shut off the device.
Once finished, unplug the device and let it cool completely before closing and storing Tame in a safe place.
Caring for the Pro-Style Tame Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron
Ensure that the device is turned off, unplugged, and cool. To unplug the Tame Pro-Style Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron, pull on the plug, not the cord. Wipe down the handle and plates of the unit using a clean, slightly damp cloth. Make sure to remove any residue or buildup. Make sure to clean the Tame plates after each use, and also the handle at least once a week using a damp cloth. To remove any leftover hair product, carefully clean around the edges of the plates. Never use abrasive cleansers and chemicals to clean Tame Pro-Style Titanium Tourmaline Flat Iron.
Overall, the Tame will not disappoint you if you are looking for an easy to use flat iron for damp or dry hair. It would also make a perfect gift for any of the ladies in your life.