Curly Hair Advice That Will Help You Love Your Texture
If you have curly hair or wavy hair, you should know that wash-and-go isn’t the best way of getting the perfect texture. Curls require careful care and styling which people who have straight hair can’t understand.
Tommy Bucket, a celebrity hair expert, says that he is a big fan of wavy and curly hair. „Hair style can tell us much about your beauty outlook and personality when it is done correctly“, says Buckett. „But curly hair needs the right styling products and care. Your hair needs the perfect amount of frizz-control, styling and hydration, or else it may just fall flat.“
You should follow these recommendations from top hair experts if you want to make the most of your curly hair.
1. If you want to air dry your curly hair you should apply a curl cream or hair gel and wrap 3-5 cm sections around your finger to create perfectly defined curls. You should use duckbill clips positioned vertically at the crown of your head to lift your hair off your scalp.
2. The length of curly hair is all coiled up and this is the reason why curly hair grows slower than straight hair. But this doesn’t mean that you should not trim your hair. You should visit your hair stylist every couple of months to maintain your split ends.
3. Tommy Buckett suggests that you should wrap your hair in a silk wrap before going to sleep or buy a silk pillow because silk will not roughen hair fibers and it is very gently on the hair cuticle. You will wake up with perfect hair every morning.
4. „Little crevices and cracks may develop as your curly hair undulates. These crevices and cracks may become bigger and an uninformed curl pattern may develop if they are not correctly moisturized. You should apply moisture and then a product like Oribe Curl Shaping Mousse which is light enough to enter deep into the crevices and cracks,“ says Steven Schmidt, who is a hair expert in Oribe Salon. „Hold and moisture will make gorgeous curls.“
5. You should use a microfiber towel, paper towel or T-shirt to press softly to dry your curly hair. If you use a terrycloth towel to rub your hair, it may cause hair to frizz and it can also rough up the cuticle.
6. You should try omitting shampoo entirely if you have very dry and curly hair. Use a non-foaming conditioner like L’Oréal Paris EverCrème Cleansing Conditioner to cleanse your hair.
7. Moisture is the one thing all wavy and curly hair needs. You should use sulfate-free hydrating products, such as Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Condition, to shampoo and condition your hair. You should also apply moisturizing mask on your hair on on a weekly basis.
8. If you want to avoid the dreaded triangle shape you should choose a layered hairstyle. I simply adore these curly hairstyles for all lengths and textures.
9. If you have curly hair then you probably know that it tends to become tangled easily. When you want to brush your hair you should always use a wide tooth comb to stubborn tangles and knots. You should begin with at the ends working upwards and use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil to spray your hair lightly. It provides immediate shine and smoothness.
10. You should apply styling products to curly hair while it is still wet. This will help you to prevent frizz and lock in smooth texture.
11. You shouldn’t only use products designed for curly hair. Some of the most recommended products are designed for all hair types and they are excellent for your coils and waves.
12. „There are women who have a couple of stray pieces which don’t appear to curly as beautifully as the others and it can be pretty frustrating. I suggest using a curling iron to go over those couple pieces to make your curl appear much more consistent.“ Says Leah Sugrue, hair expert at Salon Mario Russon in Boston.
13. Women with certain types of wavy and curly hair should use a diffuser attachment when blow-drying because that can help them define their texture better than air drying. Use a product to prepare your hair and then blow dry on y low heat setting to protect delicate curls. You should use a couple of drops of oil to get rid of flyaways and lock in moisture once you have finished.
14. You may enjoy in touching curls, but you shouldn’t play with your hair. The more friction you produce using your fingers, the fuzzier and frizzier your hair will become.
15. If you have curly hair you shouldn’t brush it because friction may cause frizz and breakage. You should softly comb hair conditioner through your hair with your fingers, in the shower and eliminate any tangles.
16. If you want to keep your style frizz-free you should wear a plastic shower cap when you are having shower.
17. You should change your hair routine with each new season, just like you change your skincare routine. You should use lighter products during the summer months and they can be applied on dry or wet hair to increase and define natural curls or provide shine and definition. I recommend Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel. It provides the perfect amount of light control for gentle curls and waves.
18. If you want to revive second-day spirals you should flip your head upside down and rough up your roots to increase volume. Use a light hold spray or water to mist your hair. By doing this, you will be able to reactivate the products which are already in your hair. 19. You should try braided hairstyle if nothing else works. Wavy or curly texture makes your hair simpler to style.
20. Products which contain slat, alcohol and sulphates may dry out and damage your curls so you should avoid them.