- Flat-iron your braid to create beautiful, undone waves.
You should braid your hair in a traditional braid while your straightener heats up. After that, take your flat iron and pass over your braid a couple times. In the end, when your braid cools, reveal it and you will have amazing, bend-y waves.
- You can use body or hand lotion if you run out of anti-frizz cream.
Anti-frizz products normally have hydrating ingredients, such as silicone, glycerine and panthenol. These ingredients help to keep your strands looking smooth. Hair stylist recommend Almond Coconut Milk Hand Cream that has coconut milk, almond and glycerine, or KMS California-Curl Up Perfecting Lotion that contains glycerine. (You can use this lotion even if your hair is not curly).
- If you get up and your fringes can’t be tamed and they are out of control, work them into a style, like a boho twist or a headband braid.
In this way, you don’t have to be concerned about being late, because you were dealing with washing your hair, or leastwise moistening your fringes, and then having to dry them out aka spend half an hour on hair that is 10 cm long.
- Use some heat from your hair dryer and a wet towel to tame a cowlick fast.
The only way to tame your cowlick fast is using heat and water. You should smooth your obstinate hair down, place a wet towel over them, and allow water tame your cowlick for few minutes, depending on the severity of your cowlick. Use tension from a round brush to lock in the smoothed strands. You should direct heat from the hair dryer from the roots to the ends.
- Blend your unruly leave out with the rest of your extensions using a silk scarf.
You should wrap a silk scarf around your head, flattening your leave out as you secure it because it is well-known that head emits heat and silk retains moisture (cotton soaks moisture). In this way, as you apply your makeup, the heat from your head will be blocked under the scarf and persuade your hair to lay flat.
- Spray your hair using salt spray, wrap it up to make a bun and then unravel it to get no-hassle beachy waves.
Instead of loathing your commute, you should use it to your advantage. You can create cool-girl beachy waves by allowing heat from your head and some salt spray, such as Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion Oil &Salt Spray to work together.
- Use two shower caps to lock out the moisture from your shower and reduce the chance of a bad hair day.
One shower cap might do the job if your hair doesn’t frizz up quickly, but you might want to use two caps if your strands are extra-sensitive to moisture.
- Apply dry shampoo when you go to bed to allow it to set.
Thanks to the turning and tossing you did while you were sleeping, you will have perfectly tousled tresses when you get up. Hair stylists recommend Verb Dry Shampoo.
- Spray your hairbrush using perfume to freshen up your hair.
You should spritz your favourite perfume onto your hairbrush and then run it through your hair, if you would like it to smell beautifully when you flip your ponytail. You shouldn’t spray your perfume directly on your hair, because the alcohol in the product can dry it out. Hair stylist recommend spraying Juicy Couture I Love Juicy Couture Eau De Parfum Spray onto a The Wet Brush Neon.
- Use a microfiber washcloth over a cotton one to soak excess water in your hair while you are applying your makeup.
Microfiber soaks much more than cotton and its soft texture helps reduce friction, which can cause frizz. So, the next time you are late, you should twist your hair into a microfiber turban, apply your makeup, blow-dry or air-dry your hair and you are ready to go. Hair stylists recommend Aquis Micro Fiber Hair Turban.
- Protect your base makeup using a makeup shield or a tissue.
If you have already applied your foundation, protect your base from becoming a total mess from eye shadow fallout using a makeup shield, such as Shadow Shields, or holding a tissue against your face. If you do get any fallout, use translucent tape to pick it up. This tape won’t pull at your skin because it is the least strong tape.
- Create a fast smoky cat-eye using a makeup wipe.
The most efficient method to create a smoky cat-eye is to use a fluffy brush to apply your favourite shadow, extending it a little beyond the external corner of your eye. After that, lightly swipe away the shadow at the external corner at an angle using a makeup wipe to reveal a precise winged smoky eye which looks as if you spent a lot of time creating it.
- Use only three products to quickly create a full face of makeup.
Opt for a base that you like and apply it all over and after that blend. Makeup artists recommend MILK MAKEUP Sunshine Skin Tint SPF 30. It has a rollerball tip for a fast application. After that, use a dot foundation to spot-treat blemishes and allow it to dry a bit. In this way, the consistency gets thicker and acts more like concealer. As the foundation sets on any trouble marks, apply your mascara to your eyelashes and wiggle it against your eyelash line if you want to apply it as eyeliner. Makeup artists recommend Rodial Glamolash Mascara XXL for this purpose. In the end, you should pat to blend any foundation you applied over any blemishes. Also, apply a bold lip color, such as E.L.F. Cosmetics Matte Lip Color in “Wine.”. A statement lip will always make you appear like you spent a ton of time on it.
- Instead of applying a liner, wiggle your mascara wand up against your lids so it transfers onto your upper eyelash line.
Smooth out the smudge into a straight line using an angled brush. Makeup artists recommend Sonia Kashuk Angled Contour Brush and Giorgio Armani Beauty Eccentrico Eyes To Kill Mascara.
- Create a perfectly shaped eyebrow in one minute.
Begin by underlining your eyebrow and tracing the top to your desired shape. Makeup artists recommend Maybelline New York Brow Precise Micro Pencil. After that, use the spoolie on the opposite end of the brush to blend the line until it is almost invisible. In the end, help fill in and hide any sparse spots and also help groom your arches by swiping on a tinted eyebrow mascara, such as Benefit Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel Full Size.
- Declump your mascara using a clean toothbrush.
When you are late, you won’t probably have enough time to be precise when applying mascara. If your eyelashes end up looking clumpy, use a clean toothbrush to swipe over your eyelashes to make them smooth. Makeup artists recommend NYC New York Color Big Bold Full Impact Mascara for this purpose.
- Use a plastic egg to stash your makeup sponge to keep it from becoming dirty in your purse or cosmetic case.
If you are late to work and you have to apply your makeup when you get there, use a plastic egg to store your makeup sponge. The bottom of your purse is not ideal place to keep your Beauty Sponge Blender.
- Repair smudged makeup fast by applying concealer to camouflage your mistake.
You should apply concealer to hide your mistake if you color outside of your lip line and the shade stains your skin. Makeup artists recommend Maybelline New York Cover Stick Concealer.
- Contour using two different colored foundations if you don’t have a two-toned powder which allows you to contour in one step.
Take the product you would usually wear in the summer (that is a bit darker than your complexion) and the foundation shade you would usually wear in the winter (that is a bit lighter than your skin), and then use the lighter one to highlight and the darker to contour. You probably have all the foundation shade you need in your bathroom, so they will be fast and simple to apply. You can even opt for one or the other (highlighting or contouring), so you still get to work on time and looking amazing.
- Take a makeup brush and run the bottom part of it over your darker contour powder. After that, run the top part of the same brush over a highlighter, and apply it in one quick swipe.
Also, you can use a dual-toned formula, such as L’Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Pro Contour Palette. This product has a Pac Man-shaped brush, which fits to the curves of your cheekbones, highlighting and contouring them thoroughly in one swipe.
- Protect your mascara using your ID.
All women have probably been there: You have just created the most amazing smoky eye or you are in a hurry and you get your mascara all over your lid. This is disaster. You can reduce the amount of mascara remnants you get on your eye by placing your school ID or a credit card against your upper eyelash line. Makeup artists recommend Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara.
- Harden your freshly painted polish by immersing your nails in ice water.
If you need your nails painted but you are in a hurry, you should wait a couple of minutes for you lacquer to dry, and then immerse your fingertips in a dish of ice water to harden your polish.